Wednesday, January 31, 2007

On Examinations and Short-Presentations

Section 3のみなさん、こんばんは。

Today we talked about exams and short presentations. どうもありがとう、 ディン(Ding)さん! Please write your opinions about them before you come to class next Monday, February 5.

A) しけん (Examinations)
1. What is your definition of “examination”? What is “examination” for you? What is “examination” supposed to be? Why does “examination” exist? What is "examination" for?

2. What are the positives and the negatives to have more examinations in our Japanese class? State both and write your opinion.

B) プレゼンテーション (Short-Presentation)
Do you think it is a good idea to have a short presentation on something Japanese in class (either in Japanese or English)? Why?

1 comment:

Kimball said...

A. Examination is seeing, in this case, what you have learned. I think that answers all of question 1.

2. More exams may help people study more, and make the midterm and final less stressful. On the other hand, it may add stress to certain people. Personally, more exams would not be helpful for me (I would not study any more for exams than I would normally for class). My main concern is that more exams will take away time from class and homework. I think vocab quizzes and in-class practice are sufficient, and personally I would rather spend that time practicing with other students.

B. I don't mind either way. And I don't know why I'm ambivalent.