Friday, February 9, 2007

にほんのもじ (Letter)

オルガ(Olga)さん, ジェニー(Jenny)さん, and ツァイ(Tsai)さんtold me that they could not type in Japanese. If you have any questions about typing in Japanese, please send an e-mail to Helpdesk, おざわさん.

helpjpcu@gmail.com

ブライアン(Bryan)さんasked me exactly when we use ひらがな、かたかな、and かんじ. We learned a basic rule in class, but that was not the definite one. If you are interested in the history of Japanese writing, there is a great book:

Seeley, Christopher (1991). A History of Writing in Japan. University of Hawaii Press.

I encourage you to use ひらがな when you send me an e-mail, but sometimes I cannot read your Japanese. This is because of もじばけ. (improper encoding: もじmeans letters and ばけmeans turn or disguise.) I will tell you when もじばけ happens. If you have another e-mail account, please use the ccount. I might be able to read your ひらがな.

2 comments:

harimaya said...

クラスのみなさん

Please don't hesitate to send me
an email if you have any question about how to type in Japanese, or anything related to blog.

ヘルプデスクの おざわみどり より

P.S.
きのうDodge Fitness Centerで、レスリングをみました。

Minami·Eternal Thinker said...

Re:
yes, I like Hungaria cafe and went there every weekend in the morning :)